Apprentice Mechanic - Dunedin - #2428
We have a great opportunity for an Apprentice Mechanic at our Dunedin Workshop.
Are you mechanically minded? Have great attention to detail? A willingness to learn new skills and to apply your own knowledge in a team environment? Are you a team player with a sense of humor to fit into our culture-focused workshop?
If so, then we want to hear from you!
Go Bus Transport is the largest passenger transport provider in New Zealand, operating 1,700+ vehicles from 30 depots, stretching between North Auckland and Invercargill. Go Bus operates urban, school, on-demand and charter services under it’s Go Bus brand, tour coach and corporate services by Johnston’s Coachlines and airport services.
Go Bus is part of the Kinetic Group, the biggest mass transit bus operator in Australia and New Zealand. Across Kinetic operations, we move 50 million people per year using 3,000+ buses operated and supported by over 4,000 people.
We are seeking a motivated person with good mechanical experience to fill this full-time role, with the purpose of providing support to the workshop technicians and implementing excellent housekeeping and safety standards in our Dunedin workshop, you will be ready to step into a role that utilises and improves your knowledge and skills. You will be enrolled an approved apprenticeship training program.
- To carry out all work as instructed by the Workshop Foreman or Manager
- To complete all work to high mechanical standards as required by NZTA and Go Bus standards
- To follow our comprehensive Health and Safety policy
- A willingness to learn and use computer diagnostic programs
- Mechanically minded
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Ability to work efficiently in a very busy workshop
- Once competent to be available to join the on-call roster
- Provide support to the team to achieve best practice standards
- Class 1 license preferred or the ability to obtain one
- Class 2 license would be an advantage or the ability to obtain one
- High standard of cleanliness
- Great team player
This is a great opportunity to enter the Heavy Automotive Industry, learning new skills or building on your current experience. Our recruitment process includes a Drug and Alcohol test and a Ministry of Justice check.
Applicants for this position must be a New Zealand or have Permanent Residency.