Procurement Manager- Auckland, Christchurch or Hamilton - #2287
Are you a Procurement Manager looking for your next challenge? We have an exciting opportunity that could be of interest to you.
This position can accommodate being located in Auckland, Christchurch or Hamilton.
Go Bus Transport is the largest passenger transport provider in New Zealand, operating 1,700+ vehicles from 30 depots, stretching between North Auckland and Invercargill. Go Bus operates urban, school, on-demand and charter services under it’s Go Bus brand, tour coach and corporate services by Johnston’s Coachlines and airport services by Sky Bus.
Go Bus is part of the Kinetic Group, the biggest mass transit bus operator in Australia and New Zealand. Across Kinetic operations, we move 50 million people per year using 3,000+ buses operated and supported by over 4,000 people
Reporting to the General Manager Procurement, you will be responsible for providing day to day management of procurement activities across the business as well as overseeing any key projects and contributing to the overall organisational procurement strategy. This will involve understanding and ensuring that that the commercial and operational objectives are aligned to deliver the best possible outcome for the Go Bus business. The role will also require you to influence and work with our Depot and Workshop Management teams as well as at an Executive level.
Key areas of focus will involve:
- Working with the GM Procurement on the development of a procurement strategy to improve forecast pricing and market trends to identify changes of balance in buyer-supplier power and ensure forecasting is business beneficial.
- Develop key metrics and future technology options to improve the quality and accuracy of measuring fleet maintenance costs and improve stock control efficiencies.
- Providing oversight for the project management and implementation of new/improved systems and process, implementing appropriate project structure and communication plans to ensure all stakeholders are kept abreast of progress and key objectives including on time and on budget delivery.
- Developing links and working with the Australian Procurement team to ensure that purchasing power is exercised and efficiencies maximised.
- Provide management oversight of the supplier contract terms, KPI and management information working with key internal stakeholders to ensure purchasing process and systems correctly reflect agreements and pricing.
- Act as they key point of contact and represent the Department in regular meetings as required to scope out business and operational procurement needs.
- Ensuring all business queries and issues are dealt with effectively and efficiently and without adverse effect to stakeholder relationships.
- Develop reliable and robust processes across the business to ensure the management of appropriate stock holding levels, to maximise facility storage capacity and supply chain provisions for all key products and services.
The Successful Candidate:
You will have a tertiary qualification in Supply Chain Management, logistics or business administration together with commercial management and/or procurement management experience ideally in transportation/passenger service business.
Key Skills & Attributes:
- Stakeholder Relationship Management and Influencing Skills
- Procurement tendering and pricing / evaluation
- Contract development, negotiations and implementation
- Project Management
- Sourcing and vendor management
- Ability to adapt and cope with change and managing multiple job functions
- Influencing Skills
- Excellent planning, prioritising and organising skills
- Develops and maintains positive relationships with stakeholders
- Advanced Communication skills – both verbal and written
- Remains calm under pressure and has an eye for detail
If you want to work in an inclusive work culture, enjoy the fast-paced action and work in collaboration with the wider team, then this is the role for you!
A copy of the full job description is available upon request.
Applicants for this position must be a NZ citizen or have permanent residency
Applications close 30 November 2020