Automotive Technician – Heavy Diesel - #2246
Do you want to be part of a company who is becoming the largest public transport provider in Christchurch? We are expanding our business, and with the introduction of new technology and electric vehicles are needing staff to grow with us.
Step on board and join our Christchurch Birmingham workshop team in the role of Automotive Technician – Heavy Diesel.
We are looking for an exceptional person who wants to work for a company that’s really going places. This role is responsible and accountable for the completion of all mechanical automotive engineering tasks, whilst continuously demonstrating ‘best practice’ automotive engineering, completing all relevant workshop documentation to the standards specified and contributing to a high performing team culture.
We run a shift pattern basis in the workshop, night and day shift positions available.
To be successful you must have:
- NZQA certified automotive technician or equivalent
- Heavy traffic, license (minimum class 2, class 4 preferred or willing to get one)
- Focus/passion for engineering excellence
- Be a team player
- A strong customer and quality focus
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Experience in heavy and/or bus automotive engineering would be desirable
- The ability to live and work in New Zealand
Our recruitment process includes a Drug and Alcohol test and Ministry of Justice check.
For more information contact Rex Poulsen on 021347940 or Rex.Poulsen@gobus.co.nz or apply below.