Operations Supervisor - Johnston's Coachlines - #1156
Johnston’s Coachlines, part of the Go Bus Transport Ltd, is looking for an Operations Supervisor to provide support to our Johnston's Coachlines team. This is a full time role.
With a history of more than 90 years in the provision of bus and coach services throughout the country, Johnston's Group today provides high-end luxury tour and charter services.
The Johnston’s Coachlines operations team schedule vehicles and drivers in the most efficient and effective manner to ensure the reliable delivery of passenger transport. Effectively the division is our service delivery arm of the business and every decision made in this department is vital and crucial to the success of Johnston’s as well as the satisfaction of our clients.
The primary function of operations supervisor's is to ensure that our fleet and driving team is scheduled in a safe, efficient and effective manner and to create an environment of successes by being consistent around operational disciplines. These disciplines include driver behaviours, reporting, completing tasks in set time frames and adhering to New Zealand Driving Law standards.
This position involves working with a wide variety of people, all of who relate to, and affect Johnston’s in different ways. It is important that you have the confidence and the ability to quickly assess people and situations, to win their respect and cooperation and to create positive outcomes.
- Daily vehicle and driver scheduling via electronic system
- Meet and maintain contractual KPI’s
- Promote good driver behaviour to reduce:
- At fault accidents
- Customer complaints
- On road incidents
- Observe and adhere to sound Health and Safety practices
- Identify driver training requirements
- Resolve all operational matters in a timely manner
- Effectively communicate with all departments of the business
- Identify and contribute to operational savings
- Live Johnston’s values at all times
- Work closely with team members to achieve team goals
- Sound knowledge of New Zealand Driving Laws
- Sound knowledge of Health and Safety practices
- Ability to schedule work effectively
- High level of computer literacy
- Ability to multi-task and handle consistent workflow
- Develop and maintain relationships
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Able to strategize – can develop a plan to reach the goal
- Good problem solver – can think on your feet to find workable solutions
- A role model for the driving team
Dealing with ambiguity
- Can effectively cope with change
- Isn’t upset when things are up in the air
- Can decide and act without having the total picture
- Can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty
- Doesn’t have to finish things before moving on
Drive for results
- Consistently achieves outstanding results
- Consistently exceeds requirements and overcomes obstacles
- Accepts and achieves challenging assignments
- Constantly works to improve performance and raise the standards
- Doesn’t accept this is the way it is always done
- Fully researches matters before making judgment
- Consistent with approach to policies and procedures
If you want to be part of our Johnston's Coachlines team or want to know more, then we want to hear from you!
Our recruitment process includes a Drug and Alcohol Test and Ministry of Justice Check.
Don't let this role drive by! Apply today! Please include your CV and cover letter with your application.