Heavy Automotive Diesel Mechanic - Alexandra - #2473
We are looking for a Heavy Automotive Diesel Mechanic at our Workshop in Alexandra.
Go Bus Transport is the largest passenger transport provider in New Zealand, operating 2,000+ vehicles from 40 depots, stretching between North Auckland and Invercargill. Go Bus operates urban, school, on-demand and charter services under it’s Go Bus brand, tour coach and corporate services by Johnston’s Coachlines and airport services by Sky Bus.
Go Bus is part of the Kinetic Group, the biggest mass transit bus operator in Australia and New Zealand. Across Kinetic operations, we move 50 million people per year using 3,000+ buses operated and supported by over 4,000 people.
We are a leading go-ahead company operating a modern fleet of vehicles and have recently integrated electric vehicles into our portfolio.
This role will be responsible and accountable for the completion of all mechanical automotive engineering tasks, whilst continuously demonstrating ‘best practice’.
As a part of the workshop team, you will have the opportunity to work on a variety of vehicles and benefit from ongoing external training from our vehicle manufactures.
We offer you the opportunity to become part of a great team and work in a varied role with; competitive remuneration, a supportive and family-based values work environment with the added security and stability of an essential service.
The Successful Candidate:
- NZQA certified automotive technician or equivalent.
- Possess high standards and are able operate within a strict safety and compliance-based environment
- Heavy traffic, licence (minimum class 2, class 4 preferred or willing to get one).
- A focus/passion for engineering excellence.
- Committed to being a team player.
- A strong customer, service and quality focus
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Be willing to participate in an on-call roster.
- Experience in heavy and/or bus automotive engineering would be desirable.
As we are a health and safety conscious employer, our recruitment process includes a Drug and Alcohol test and Ministry of Justice check.
Applicants for this position must be a New Zealand Citizen or have Permanent Residency.