Heavy Automotive Diesel Mechanic - Hamilton or Alexandra - #2471
Are you a Heavy Automotive Diesel Mechanic eager for an opportunity to apply your craft as well as develop new skills in electronic vehicles?
Go Bus Transport is the largest passenger transport provider in New Zealand, operating 2,000+ vehicles from 40 depots, stretching between North Auckland and Invercargill. Go Bus operates urban, school, on-demand and charter services under it’s Go Bus brand, tour coach and corporate services by Johnston’s Coachlines and airport services by Sky Bus.
Go Bus is part of the Kinetic Group, the biggest mass transit bus operator in Australia and New Zealand. Across Kinetic operations, we move 50 million people per year using 3,000+ buses operated and supported by over 4,000 people.
We are a leading go-ahead company operating a modern fleet of vehicles and have recently integrated electric vehicles into our portfolio.
This role will be responsible and accountable for the completion of all mechanical automotive engineering tasks, whilst continuously demonstrating ‘best practice’.
As a part of the workshop team based in Hamilton or Alexandra you will have the opportunity to work on a variety of vehicles and benefit from ongoing external training from our vehicle manufactures. The predominate vehicle platforms include MAN, Volvo, FUSO and Izuzu.
We offer you the opportunity to become part of a great team and work in a varied role with; competitive remuneration, a supportive and family-based values work environment with the added security and stability of an essential service.
Training and development will be available through our partnership with MITO where we will support you to achieve additional qualifications and pursue further skills with EV technology. Supervisory and leadership development is available for the right person, and as a multi-national company your future is only limited by your desire to reach for it.
The successful candidate will:
- Hold a minimum NZQA Level 4 certified automotive technician qualification or equivalent. Level 3 would be considered for the right person, who is willing to upskill to Level 4 through our training partner.
- Have hands-on experience as a mechanic commensurate with the level of qualification achieved.
- Possess high standards and are able operate within a strict safety and compliance-based environment.
- Heavy traffic, licence (minimum class 2, class 4 preferred or willing to get one).
- A focus/passion for engineering excellence.
- Committed to being a team player.
- A strong customer service and quality focus.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Be offered a minimum of 40 hour per week and be willing to participate in an on-call roster.
- Commensurate with the relevant skills and experience, be offered a base hourly rate between $30 and $40 per hour, plus additional allowances for tools.
- Experience in heavy and/or bus automotive engineering would be desirable.
As we are a health and safety conscious employer, our pre-employment conditions include successfully passing a Drug and Alcohol test and Ministry of Justice check.
Applicants for this position must be a New Zealand Citizen or have Permanent Residency.