Workshop Supervisor - Invercargill - #2432
We have a Full Time supervisory position available at our Invercargill Workshop. This is a fantastic chance to join the leading public transport company, join an amazing team and a rare opportunity that requires a high degree of flexibility and excellent organizational skills
Go Bus Transport is the largest passenger transport provider in New Zealand, operating 1,700+ vehicles from 30 depots, stretching between North Auckland and Invercargill. Go Bus operates urban, school, on-demand and charter services under it’s Go Bus brand, tour coach and corporate services by Johnston’s Coachlines and airport services by SkyBus.
Go Bus is part of the Kinetic Group, the biggest mass transit bus operator in Australia and New Zealand. Across Kinetic operations, we move 50 million people per year using 3,000+ buses operated and supported by over 4,000 people.
We offer you the opportunity to become part of a great team and work in a varied role with; competitive remuneration, a supportive and family-based values work environment with the added security and stability of an essential service.
As the Workshop Supervisor you will:
- Assist in effectively supervising the workshop to ensure best practice operation and delivery of a well-maintained fleet is achieved at all times.
- Ensure best practices across health and safety, risk management and process compliance.
- Facilitate on time performance, quality of services and safety.
To be successful you must have:
- Trade Certificate in Automotive – Heavy Diesel Class 2 licence.
- P Endorsement (Desirable).
- At least 10 years’ experience in the heavy vehicle industry.
- At least 5 years experience managing teams.
- Good knowledge of the computer system and programmes particularly Microsoft office.
- Leadership skills
- Managing teams
- Excellent customer service
- Excellent planning and organising skills
- Communication skills – both verbal and written
- Ability to build and develop key relationships
- Remains calm under pressure
Our recruitment process includes a Drug and Alcohol test and Ministry of Justice check.
Applicants for this position must be a New Zealand Citizen or have Permanent Residency.