Urban Bus Drivers - Dunedin - #2370
We have positions available now for Professional Bus Drivers at our Dunedin Depot to fill the following role:
Full Time Urban Drivers (hours and days to be worked per week are a minimum of 40 hours per week over 5 days).
We are looking for highly motivated individuals who enjoy interacting with the public and have a genuine passion for providing great customer service.
You will receive at least three weeks training to achieve high standards in all parts of your work including great customer service and safe driving practices.
You will be responsible for
- Providing a high standard of customer service.
- Safely operating a public passenger vehicle.
- Ensuring a safe and comfortable customer journey in accordance with bus timetables.
- Issuing tickets and handling cash.
The boxes you'll tick
- Current Class 2 Drivers Licence and P Endorsement (or willing to apply for your P Endorsement).
- Excellent customer service skills and enjoy working with the public.
- Strong commitment to safety and best practice driving techniques.
- Be able to pass a drug & alcohol test and Ministry of Justice check.
- NZ Residency or valid NZ work visa.
- Full on-the-job training is offered to approved applicants.
- A genuine focus on employee and customer safety.
- Stable and long-term employment that’s close to home.
- Employment within an organisation focusing on a positive culture and company values.
- Employee Assistance Program Including wellbeing, financial and nutritional coaching, and counselling.
Go Bus is Dunedin’s largest operator of urban services. With about 140 people providing Urban, Schools, Charter and SESTA transport services, Go Bus is instrumental to keeping communities connected and moving.
What’s more, Go Bus is part of Australasia’s only dedicated mass transit bus operator, Kinetic, alongside some of the most recognisable names in bus transport including Australasian airport transit business SkyBus, Central and Northern Queensland operator Sunbus, iconic Gold Coast bus operator Surfside Buslines, Sydney’s leading bus and coach charter company Telfords and one of New Zealand’s premier tour companies, Johnston’s Coachlines. Collectively, Kinetic employs more than 4000 people and moves more than 50 million people every year in 3000 buses. For more information visit https://wearekinetic.com/.
How You Apply
Go Bus is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and our people represent the community which we service. We invite all suitably qualified applicants to apply, including people from diverse backgrounds.
There has never been a better time to join Go Bus! So, if this sounds like you and you are ready for a rewarding career with Go Bus then click the link. You can also contact Narindervir Singh by email Narindervir.Singh@gobus.co.nz
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.